French Way from Sarria in hotels/guest houses
The French Way is the most popular route between the St. James Ways (English Way, Portugues Way, North Way, Primitive Way, Via de la Plata,...).
In 1987, the Council of Europe, reconized it like the "I Cultural Itinerary of Europe", also UNESCO gaves the distinction as "Cultural Heritage of Humanity" in 1993. In 2004, the St. James Way recived the Principe de Asturias Prize.
The French Way takes its name from the fact that it begins on French territory, and enters Galicia along a steep path that reaches its maximum height in the O Cebreiro highlands. On the Galician part of the route walkers can enjoy the hospitality of the people, a wealth of varied, delicious gastronomy, the considerable artistic heritage, and a country that warmly welcomes the traveller.
What is included?
You can see a summary of the services included in the package
- 5 nights in hotels or guesthouses in half-board (breakfast and dinner).
- 1 night in hotel in Santiago de Compostela in B&B.
- Baggage transfer during pilgrimage.
Day 1: Arrival by your own to Sarria.
Dinner and accommodation in a hotel/guest house in Sarria.
Day 2: 1st Stage "Sarria - Portomarín" (22 Km).
Dinner and accommodation in a hotel/guest house in Portomarin.
Day 3: 2nd Stage "Portomarín - Palas de Rei" (22 Km).
Dinner and accommodation in hotel/guest house in Palas de Rei.
Day 4: 3rd Stage "Palas de Rei - Arzúa" (28 Km).
Dinner and accommodation in a hotel/guest house in Arzúa.
Day 5: 4th Stage "Arzúa - O Pino" (19 Km).
Dinner and accommodation in a hotel/guest house in O Pino.
Day 6: 5th Stage "O Pino - Santiago de Compostela" (19 Km)
Free dinner. Accommodation in a hotel in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 7: Santiago de Compostela
Breakfast and check-out.
*Reservations must be done at least 14 days before the beginnig of the pilgrimage.*
- Accommodation in Santiago.
- Extra night in Melide (1 more stage): 45,00 per person in double // 50,00 per person in single room
- Private transfer.
- On request, possibility of triple room. Price per person: €420.00 per person vat included.
- One day or private trips: Finisterre, Rías Baixas, Ribeira Sacra,...
- Optional insurance.
- Single room: 580.00 €
- Double room: 900.00 €